Sunday 16 October 2011

A Premier Leauge Review

Welcome all to my first post.
Hopefully millions of people shall be reading this. ;)

I shall begin with the thing I love most in the world; football. As I'm off to Cyprus next week I shall be missing 2 weekends of action, so for me it is a good time to reflect on the season so far, especially for my club Liverpool.

This time a year ago, Liverpool had just got new owners and relegation looked a distinct possibility. Now after over £100 million investment, the Reds are in the top 5 and have got a real chance of a top 4 finish and a return to the Champions League. Saturday's performance against Man United was very good and we would've had 3 points if it hadn't been for the usual late United goal! With Gerrard back and looking fully fit, it could be a very good season indeed.

The team that will challenge Liverpool for 4th will be Spurs. It's first blood to them with them having a game in hand and the 4-0 thrashing of us last month (I really can't wait for a chance for revenge and hopefully to silence my Spurs supporting friends!). When the transfer window closed I thought they'd had a nightmare by selling quite a few players and turning down £40 million for Modric. In fact it was the best decision they have ever made and with the addition of Scott Parker to bolster the midfield their squad is looking as strong as ever. The injury to Ledley King during the game against Newcastle is a setback though.

Arsenal fans will probably think they can still get back up there as well. Personally I feel the squad still lacks depth and relies too heavily up front on Van Persie, whose magnificence against Sunderland shows how much they will need to rely on him this season. If Arsene Wenger could actually teach Theo Walcott to keep the ball for more than 3 seconds they might get somewhere. They will definitely finish top 10, but I can't see them getting higher than 6th.

A quick mention for the new teams and the relegation battle. Blackburn and Wigan I think will definitely go down, but none of the new teams will join them. I'm keeping a close eye on Norwich especially this season as, their striker Steve Morison, used to play for my local club Stevenage only a few years ago and is now getting praise from the likes of Alan Shearer which is great to see. I hope he does well for club and country for many years to come.

Finally for today, the big debate. The title race. Red or Blue. City or United. (Not Chelsea! They’re not going to win the league but they're in no danger from Liverpool or Spurs so they'll finish 3rd)
Both City and United's Squad are impressive in attack but a bit shaky in defence. The central pairing of Ferdinand and Vidic doesn't inspire anymore, whilst Kompany, Lescott and Toure lack in pace which could prove costly in the Manchester derby next week. Both sides quality of attack is mouth watering though with Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Nani just to name a few and for City Aguero, Ballotelli, David Silva and so on (I would say Tevez but he's a greedy idiot so we'll move on) The Manchester derby should give an inkling on should shall ultimately win the war. United have the experience, but City have no fear, even if that means fighting with each other in training every once in a while. Certainly Aguero is there trump card. If he can stay fit and continue this rich vein of form I think City have enough to win the league, but as always you can never count United out. Love them or hate them, there ethos of Never give up is astounding.

I hope you enjoyed reading this, please comment what you think and maybe what I should do to improve. This is all about me practising my writing skills so I have a head start when I hopefully go to Uni to study Journalism so any constructive criticism is welcome!

So until next time The Outsider is Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment